20 May 2005

'A Good Game' in Europe

No. 'A Good Game' is not signing off despite of the recent surveillance conducted on to this site by the US State Department and the World Bank. The site meter of this weblog has noted and recorded the respective visits of these institutions, which I call global panopticon. They must have detected in their powerful search engines the previous post here on 'The Emergent Bush-Wolfowitz Project'. It is nice to be visited by these global surveillance institutions, and to know that 'A Good Game' is serving its purpose as a tool to critically analyse and discuss the dynamics of contemporary global political economy.

The struggle and resistance continue. At the moment, 'A Good Game' is in Copenhagen at the Nordic Institute of Asian Studies (NIAS) studying yet another dynamics of resistance: 'Emerging Oppositions to the Liberal-Conservative Malaise in East and Southeast Asia'. Click here for the news. I hope to blog more on this soon.

4 comments:

Lolicastle said...

Hi,

I came across your blog when I googled Prof. Nemenzo's name. I was once his student as well, and I owe him any critical thinking ability I have now. Anyways, you stated that you're being monitored by the State Dept. How were you able to detect that? Sometimes I wonder if mine is being too, just because there're names in it-like Noam Chomsky, Nemenzo and the likes who are associated with a diff. ideology.
Loli

Bonn Juego said...

Hi Loli!

Greetings from Denmark.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for posting a comment. You have a nice blog, very expressive indeed! I like the one when you had a dream of Fidel Castro! There must be something revolutionary in you....

Yeah, Ka Dodong is the first person to instill in me critical thinking. Anyway, as regards your question, I notice that you also subscribe to site meter. Just click on the site meter logo in your blog and then look for 'details' (upper left of the page), where you could see the domains, organisations, etc of your visitors. It was recorded in my account last month that I had visitors from state.gov (the US State Department) and worldbank.org (The World Bank Group).

By the way, without your permission, I have included your blog as one of my ka-blogistas. You could see it in the side bar of my blog.

Cheers,
Bonn

Lolicastle said...

Hi again!
Thanks for your kind words about my blog. Yours, I find very stimulating and intelligent. Isko talaga! And your links, are very interesting too. Those are the links I want to visit as well, like Coelho's website.
I'm honored that you linked mine in yours. I'll do the same with yours if you don't mind. I just have to figure out how to do that. Do you have a direct e-mail address? You can e-mail me directly at lolicastle @yahoo.com.
Yeah I've been trying to look into the domain area, but mine always says "Unknown." I don't care naman talaga.
Hope it's not too cold there in Denmark. Loli

Anonymous said...

Brother Bonn! why am i not surprised that you're now on the Big Brother's watchlist? =)

I've long wanted to advise you from posting your photogenic pic on your blog for your own sake. I should have followed my instincts. Too late now. ;)

Keep it up anyway. Balitaan mo ako kung anong course ituturo mo pagbalik mo ng U.P. Mag-sit in ako sa klase mo. =)